INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Graduate Study - Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
(3+2) Management Master With Thesis
||Management and Organization
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
|Muhammed Said DİNÇ, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
||Said Dinç, Instructor
|The course helps students develop skills to understand management and organisations by analysing some special topics on the basis of theory and practice.
Topics include introduction to management and organization, managing: history and current thinking, stakeholders, managers, effectiveness and ethics, managing in a changing global environment, organisational strategy and structure in a changing global environment, the nature of strategy generation, choice, implementation and evaluation, foundations of organisational design, organisational transformations, types and forms of organisational change.
- Course introduction and management basics
- Managing: History and Current Thinking
- Stakeholders, managers and ethics
- Evaluating A Firm\\
- Article Analysis
- Nature of Strategy Generation
- Choice, Implementation and Evaluation
- Midterm exam
- Designing Organisational Structure
- Specialization and Coordination
- The Organisational Transformations
- Types and Forms of Organisational Change
- Research Project Presentations
- Final Exam
- Practical Sessions
- Case Studies
| Midterm Exam(s)||1||30|
- 1. Certo, S. C. and Certo, T. (2006). Modern Management: Concepts and Skills, 10/e, Prentice Hall, New Jersey.
- 2. Jones, G. R. (2010). Organisational Theory, Design, and Change: Text and Cases, 6th ed. Prentice Hall, New Jersey.
- 3. McAuley, J, Duberley, J. and Johnson, P. (2007). Organisation Theory, Prentice Hall, London.
- 4. Barney, J. B. and Hesterly, W. S. (2008). Strategic Management and Competitive Advantage, 2nd ed., Prentice Hall, New York.
- 5. David, F. R. (2007). Strategic Management: Concepts and Cases, Eleventh ed., Prentice Hall, New Jersey.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)|| ||0|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)|| || ||0|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)|| || ||0|
|Final Examination(1 week)|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Final Examination|| || ||0|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project|| || ||0|
|Seminar / Presentation|| || ||0|