INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
Department of Management
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
||2 + 1
|Production/operations management involves the integration of numerous activities and processes to produce products and services in a highly competitive global environment. This course considers the operations from a managerial perspective. At the end of the course students will have a fair understanding of the role Production/Operations Management plays in business processes.
|• Teach students basic concepts in production management;
• Support students to determine and evaluate production management characteristics and strategies for operational performance;
• Enable students formulate and appraise an operations processes, flow and layout and derive some changes to these to improve operational performance;
• Help students comprehend a selection of operation management concepts and principles, examine the current and potential application of these to an organisation and derive the most relevant to operational performance.
- Operations management
- The strategic role of OM and strategy
- Process design and layout
- Process Technology
- Job design and work organization
- Planning and control
- Operations management
- Capacity and inventory planning
- Supply Chain Planning
- Project and quality planning
- Operations Improvement
- Interactive Lectures
- Discussions and group work
- Problem solving
- Case Studies
| Final Exam||1||50|
- Upon completion of this course, students should be able to understand understand basics of Production Management.
- Gain knowledge and of skills that will help assume managing operations production positions.
- Develop interpersonal and listening skills, teamwork, negotiating skills, analysis of problems and the evaluation of options, oral presentation, report writing, research techniques.
- It will also provide bundle of case studies and real issues in existing companies.
- Slack, N., Chambers, S. & Johnston, R. (2013). Operations Management, 7th. Ed., Pearson, England.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||15||2||30|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)||15||1||15|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||1||2||2|
|Final Examination(1 week)||1||2||2|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination||1||15||15|
|Preparation for Final Examination||1||30||30|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project||1||20||20|
|Seminar / Presentation||1||10||10|