INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
Department of Management
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
|Sanel Halilbegović, Assist. Prof. Dr.
||Assist Prof Dr Sanel Halilbegovic
||Sanel Halilbegović, Assist. Prof. Dr.
|Business Finance course explains the fundamentals simply and quickly, introducing you to key terms and concepts such as: how to navigate financial statements, how to weigh costs and benefits, what’s involved in budgeting and forecasting, how to gauge a company’s financial health
|This course is an essential introduction to the world of financing and investment decision making. With a strong real world focus, this course aims to help you bridge the gap between the theories surrounding financial decision making and what happens in the real business world in an accessible, user-friendly way.
- What do interest rates mean and what is their role in valuation?
- How do risk and term structure affect interest rates?
- Structure of Central Banks
- Conduct of monetary policy: tools, goals, strategy and tactics
- The money markets
- The stock markets
- Preparation for midterm exam
- Midterm Exam
- The mortgage markets
- The foreign exchange market
- Banking and the management of financial institutions
- Savings associations and credit unions
- The mutual fund industry
- Insurance companies and pension funds
- Final Exam
- Interactive Lectures
- Student debates
- Problem solving
| Midterm Exam(s)||1||35|
| Final Exam||1||45|
- • Define and apply knowledge of the key marketing concepts
- • Explain how marketing decisions are influenced by various forces in the external business environment and how trends and developments affect current and future marketing practices
- • Develop Marketing Plan for actual company
- • Analyze companies\' strategies
- Frederic S. Mishkin and Stanley (2009). Financial Markets and Institutions”, 6th Edition, Prentice Hall.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)|| ||0|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)|| || ||0|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)|| || ||0|
|Final Examination(1 week)|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Final Examination|| || ||0|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project|| || ||0|
|Seminar / Presentation|| || ||0|