INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
Department of Management
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
|The course creates an overview and understanding of traditional management, its philosophy and role in society, knowledge of models for analysis and control of the management function in a company or other organization. The course covers basic concepts, often illustrated by examples from established, large companies.
|The course objective is to provide a theoretical framework for considering corporate management problems and issues and to apply these concepts in practice.
Students will enhance their knowledge and understanding of corporate management. Through class discussion, informal study groups, and formal group projects students will enhance their communication and collaboration skills.
- Managing Organization Design
- Managing Organization Change and Innovation
- Managing Human Resources in Organizations
- Basic Elements of Individual Behavior in Organizations
- Managing Employee Motivation and Performance
- Managing Leadership and Influence Processes(1)
- Managing Leadership and Influence Processes(2)
- Midterm exam
- Managing Interpersonal Relations and Communication
- Managing Work Groups and Teams
- Basic Elements of Control
- Managing Operations, Quality, and Productivity
- Managing Information and Information Technology
- Special topics
- Preparation for final exam
- Interactive Lectures
- Discussions and group work
- Problem solving
- Case Studies
| Midterm Exam(s)||1||30|
| Final Exam||1||50|
- Discuss the purpose of organizational goals, identify different kinds of goals, discuss who sets goals, and describe how to manage multiple goals
- Identify different kinds of organizational plans, note the time frames for planning, discuss who plans, and describe contingency planning.
- Discuss the components of strategy, types of strategic alternatives, and the distinction between strategy formulation and strategy implementation
- Describe the innovation process, forms of innovation, failure to innovate, and how organizations can promote innovation.
- Define and identify types of groups and teams in organizations, discuss reasons why people join groups and teams, and list the stages of group and team development.
- Management, Ricky W. Griffin, Texas A&M University, 11th Edition, 2013
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||15||2||30|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)||15||1||15|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||1||2||2|
|Final Examination(1 week)||1||2||2|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination||1||20||20|
|Preparation for Final Examination||1||20||20|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project||2||10||20|
|Seminar / Presentation||1||10||10|