INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
Department of Management
||Management Information Systems
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
|Meliha HANDZIC, Prof. Dr.
||Meliha HANDZIC, Prof. Dr.
|Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
• Identify management information system application opportunities in business and industry.
• Explain the issues involved in the development and deployment of management information systems.
• Investigate the opportunities and problems associated with computer-based management information system that will provide the background for determining the usefulness of computers to assist management in the planning and control of business operations.
• Acquire an ability to participate in IT-enabled organizational systems, evaluate them, and contribute to system development efforts.
- The Importance of MIS
- Collaboration Information Systems
- Information Systems for Competitive Advantage
- Hardware and Software
- Database Processing
- Data Communication
- Enterprise Systems
- Midterm Examination
- E-Commerce, Web 2.0 and Social Networking System
- Business Intelligence Systems
- Business process and Information Systems Development
- Information Systems Management
- Information Security Management
- Final Examination
- Practical Sessions
- Case Studies
| Midterm Exam(s)||1||20|
| Final Exam||1||30|
- Present information in oral, written and graphic forms in order to communicate effectively with peers and tutors;
- Actively participate in, reflect on, and begin to take responsibility for, personal learning and development;
- Evaluate theories, processes and outcomes within an ambiguous setting;
- Apply approaches, theories and tools to the analysis and design of a small scale computer-based system;
- Work with minimum supervision, both individually and as a part of a team, demonstrating the interperson
- • Kroenke D., Using MIS (newer edition), Pearson
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||14||2||28|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)||14||2||28|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||1||2||2|
|Final Examination(1 week)||1||2||2|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination||1||15||15|
|Preparation for Final Examination||1||25||25|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project||1||15||15|
|Seminar / Presentation||1||10||10|