INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
Department of International Relations and European Studies
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
||2 + 1
|Selma Delalić, Assist. Prof. Dr.
||Assist. Prof. Dr. Selma Delalić
||Selma Delalić, Assist. Prof. Dr.
|The Leadership course examines leadership theory, develops leadership skills as well as ways to apply their knowledge and skills through a project.
|Upon completion of this course the student will develop a working knowledge of leadership theory and practice. The student will also develop self-knowledge of his or her leadership philosophy and preferred leadership styles along with a skill for successful analysis of cases involving leadership.
- • Course Introduction
- • The Importance of Leadership
- • Leadership Qualities
- • Characteristics of Followers
- • The Power of Vision
- • The Importance of Ethics
- • The Empowerment of People
- • Midterm Exam
- • Effective Leadership
- • The Team Concept
- • Understanding People
- • Multiplying Effectiveness
- • Developing Others
- • Performance Management
- • Final Exam
- Interactive Lectures
- Student debates
- Case Studies
- Use of educational films
| Final Exam||1||40|
- Develop a greater understanding of the range of perspectives about leadership
- Become prepared as a potential leader to be more discerning about how you enact the role of leader within your organization
- Increase your awareness in terms of your own strengths (or areas needing strength) as a leader
- Better appreciate which areas should be further developed to improve as a leader
- Be aware of the range of choice available in the enactment of the leadership role
- • George Manning, Kent Curtis (2009), The Art of Leadership, Third Edition, McGraw-Hill Irwin.
- • Joseph S. Nye (2008), The Powers to Lead, Oxford University Press.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||2||28||56|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)||1||14||14|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||1||1||1|
|Final Examination(1 week)||1||2||2|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination||2||6||12|
|Preparation for Final Examination||2||8||16|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project||2||8||16|
|Seminar / Presentation||1||4||4|