INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
Department of International Business
||International Marketing and Brand Management
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
|As global economic growth occurs, understanding marketing in all cultures is increasingly important. International Marketing addresses global issues and describes concepts relevant to all international business executives, regardless of the extent of their marketing involvement.
|The main objective of this course is to develop a managerial understanding of international marketing. This course will help students enhance their analytical, decision making and implementation skills in an intense, highly challenging project of developing an actual marketing plan. The course will place an equal emphasis on managerial and marketing issues faced by firms operating in many parts of the world. More specifically, this course will:
• examine the role of marketing in world markets ;
• provide an overview of business in the international context (structure, problems and opportunities, causes and results of performance, etc.);
• study marketing theory and management in light of vastly different political, cultural, legal, and economic environments abroad.
- Introduction to global marketing
- Regional market characteristics and preferential trade agreements
- Social and cultural environments
- The political, legal and regulatory environments
- Segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Importing, exporting and sourcing
- Global market entry strategies: Licencing, investment and strategic alliances
- Brand and product decisions in global marketing
- Pricing decisions
- Mid-term exams
- Global marketing channels and physical distribution
- Global marketing communications decisions I: Advertising and public relations
- Global marketing communications decisions II: Sales promotion, personal selling, special forms of marketing communication
- Global marketing and digital revolution
- Strategic elements of competitive advantage
- Interactive Lectures
| Term Paper||1||20|
| Final Exam||1||40|
- Recognize the forces underlying the development of international business, and technique challenges that exist when entering the global marketplace, and how to understand and overcome them.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the major differences between national and intern. marketing planning and identify the methods of market entry abroad.
- A strategic framework for developing international marketing programs and tactics. By using appropriate analytical tools and techniques.
- Keegan, W. J. and Green, M. C. (2013). Global Marketing 7e. Pearson: London.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||14||2||28|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)||14||1||14|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||1||2||2|
|Final Examination(1 week)||1||2||2|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination||9||2||18|
|Preparation for Final Examination||14||2||28|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project||1||25||25|
|Seminar / Presentation||1||10||10|