INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Graduate Study - Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
Genetics and Bioengineering Master With Thesis
||Scientific Research Methods in Genetics and Bioengineering
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
|Damir Marjanović, Prof. Dr.
||Damir Marjanović, Prof. Dr.
|The purpose of this course is to review and analyze research methodology concepts in the field of genetics and bioengineering theoretically and practically. In addition to the lectures and case study applications, students will have a chance to report a research study and thesis proposal in their areas of interest during the semester.
- The nature of GBE research
- Formulating and clarifying the research topic, objectives and goals
- Critically reviewing the scientific literature
- Making differences between case study, review and original scientific paper
- Understanding research materials and methods, philosophies and approaches
- Formulating the experimental research design
- Negotiating access and research ethics
- Selecting and collecting the samples
- Collecting primary data through observations and experiments
- Presentation of achieved results
- Collecting primary data using different analytical tools
- Analyzing “Case study” presentations
- Analyzing “Original scientific” presentations
- Writing and presenting your project report presentations
- Research application in genetics and bioengineering
| Midterm Exam(s)||20|
| Final Exam||1||30|
- Begin to work effectively as part of a team.
- Developing interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills with in a managed environment.
- Exercising some personal responsibility.
- Various scientific papers in the field of GBE
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||14||2||28|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)|| || ||0|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||1||2||2|
|Final Examination(1 week)||1||2||2|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination||1||15||15|
|Preparation for Final Examination||1||20||20|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project||2||15||30|
|Seminar / Presentation||2||20||40|