INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
Department of Genetics and Bioengineering
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
||2 + 2
|Almir Badnjević, Assist. Prof. Dr.
||Assist. prof. Almir Badnjević
||Almir Badnjević, Assist. Prof. Dr.
|Introduction to fundamentals of biomedical instrumentation, biomedical sensors and physiological transducers, biomedical recorders, patient monitoring systems, arrhythmia and ambulatory monitoring instruments, cardiac pacemakers, cardiac defibrillators, MRI and CT systems.
|The cognitive, affective and behavioral objectives of this course are following:
• Introduction to basic biomedical instrumentation.
• Explaining working principles of biomedical instrumentation.
• Familiarizing students with patients’ security.
• Giving an outline of regulations related to biomedical instrumentation.
- Introduction to biomedical instrumentation
- Biomedical sensors and transducers
- Bioelectric amplifiers
- Blood pressure measurement
- Instrumentation for measurement brain parameters
- Respiratory system and its measurement
- Intensive and coronary care units
- Radiology and nuclear medicine equipment
- Medical ultrasound
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Computed tomography imaging
- Patients’ security and law
- Interactive Lectures
- Discussions and group work
| Midterm Exam(s)||1||20|
| Term Paper||1||20|
| Final Exam||1||40|
- Possibility to recognise biomedical instrumentation
- Knowledge to work on huge area of biomedical instrumentation
- Principles of work of biomedical instrumentation
- J. F . Raden (2010). Handbook of Modern Sensors, Physics, Designs and Applications, Springer-Verlag
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||15||2||30|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)||15||2||30|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||1||2||2|
|Final Examination(1 week)||1||2||2|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination||1||14||14|
|Preparation for Final Examination||1||15||15|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project||1||14||14|
|Seminar / Presentation||1||18||18|