INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
Department of Genetics and Bioengineering
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
||2 + 2
|Elma Ferić Bojić, Senior Teaching Assistant
||Elma Ferić Bojić, Senior Teaching Assistant
|Introductory course to the fundamentals of biomedical instrumentation, the theory behind the functions as well as some fundamental knowledge of practical applications.
|Introduction to fundamentals of medical instrumentation, physiological transducers, recording systems and biomedical recorders, patient monitoring systems, arrhythmia and ambulatory monitoring instruments, cardiac pacemakers, and cardiac defibrillators. Upon completion of the course, the students will have a theoretical understanding of biomedical equipment and its applications in the real world. Some practical applications will be covered, which will ultimately result in practical knowledge.
- Biosignals and Noise
- Biomedical Electronics: Analog and Digital
- Biomedical Electrodes, Sensors and Transducers
- Diagnostic Cardiology, Defibrillators, Pacemakers
- Electroencephalogy and EMG Instrumentation
- Diagnostic Ultrasound
- Medical Imaging, Fiber Optics and Lasers
- Intensive Care Units and the Operating Room
- Biomedical Laboratory Instrumentation
- Artifacts and Noise
- Ethical Considerations in Biomedical Equipment
- Practical Sessions
| Midterm Exam(s)||1||20|
| Final Exam||1||40|
- Active participation in courses and taking responsibility for learning.
- Begin to work effectively as part of a team, developing interpersonal, organisational and problem-solving skills within a managed environment, exercising some personal responsibility.
- Present information in oral, written, and graphic forms in order to communicate effectively with peers and tutors.
- Biomedical Instrumentation Systems. Chatterjee, S. and Miller, A. Delmar, Cengage Learning
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||14||2||28|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)||14||2||28|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||1||2||2|
|Final Examination(1 week)||1||2||2|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination||1||14||14|
|Preparation for Final Examination||1||15||15|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project||18||1||18|
|Seminar / Presentation||18||1||18|