INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Graduate Study - Faculty of Education and Humanities
English Language and Literature PhD
||Methodology of Training Language Teacher
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
|Senad Bećirović, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
||Nebojša Vasić, Assist. Prof. Dr.
|The aim of the course is to raise and consolidate participants\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' awareness of the principles and practice of teaching English to secondary school students and adult learners. By the end of the course we aim to build participants\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' confidence of their own English language skills and to increase their knowledge and awareness of English language teaching and methodology. Above all, it is an essentially practical course designed to equip participants with the ideas and materials which they can use in the classroom once they return to their respective countries.
- Introductory class
- Research Problems, Variables, and Hypothesis
- Foundations of Educational Measurement
- Understanding Statistical Inferences
- Qualitative Research Designs
- Mixed-Method Designs
- Lesson Planning and Classroom Management
- MID-TERM EXAMS
- Classroom Dynamics
- Mixed-Level Teaching
- Syllabus Design and Instructional Materials
- The ELT Curriculum
- Technologies in the Classroom
- Pearson Correlation Coefficients Using SPSS, Cross-tabulations and Chi-Square Statistics Using SPSS.
- Testing hypothesis in SPSS.
- Comparison of Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches
- Interaction Effects in a Mixed Design
- Types of Data, Reliability Analysis Screen in SPSS.
- What Can the World Wide Web Offer ESL Teachers?
- Individualized Teaching and Mentoring
- The Internet for English Teaching: Guidelines for Teachers
- Write down the methods you could found most effective in Experiential Learning.
- Video in the ELT Classroom: The Role of the Teacher
- Learner Autonomy English Proficiency Test: The Oral Component of a Primary School
- How Will Technology Enhance Teaching and Learning?
| Final Exam||1||50|
| +Class participation||1||20|
- Increased accuracy and range of English language
- A resource bank of language for all classroom situations
- Confidence using English in the classroom
- Understanding of principles behind teaching younger learners
- Practical classroom skills and resources
- Richards, Jack C., Renandya Willy A. Methodology in Language Teaching: An Anthology of Current Practice. Cambridge University Press, 2002.
- James H. McMillan, (2012). Educational Research: Fundamentals for the Consumer, 6th edition, Pearson.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)|| ||0|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)|| || ||0|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)|| || ||0|
|Final Examination(1 week)|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Final Examination|| || ||0|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project|| || ||0|
|Seminar / Presentation|| || ||0|