INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Graduate Study - Faculty of Education and Humanities
English Language and Literature PhD
||Instructional Design in English Language Teaching
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
|Senad Bećirović, Assist. Prof. Dr.
||Assist. pr. dr. Senad Becirovic
||Senad Bećirović, Assist. Prof. Dr.
|This course provides an introduction to the cognitive and experiential content of the program. The course emphasizes the components of the instructional design model. Current theory and practice in the field of instructional design and practice in creating effective designs for instruction in English language teaching by selecting and using current techniques according to the specific needs of the learners. Research work, applications and paper presentations.
|In this course, students are:
• Given appropriate scenarios, develop instructional materials and experiences by applying current “best practices” to create learning systems using various media.
• Given an appropriate instructional or learning situation, evaluate the adequacy of the package by applying theories, principles, and research.
• Given appropriate learning situations, design conditions for learning by applying principles of instructional systems design and learning theory.
- Intro to the course
- Preparation for the course
- Matching work to pupil ability and needs
- Teaching by discussion
- Effective Teaching
- Assessment Methods
- Motivation to learn
- Teaching Methods in culturally diverse classrooms.
- Students discipline on the classes
- Problem-Based, and Reality-Based
- Using Technology in Teaching
- Teaching Thinking
- Active learning
- Interactive Lectures
- Practical Sessions
- Discussions and group work
- Student debates
- Problem solving
- Guest instructor
- prepare an instructional objective
- develop a content outline
- develop an instructional plan
- audit an instructional plan
- prepare lesson plans
- • Smagorinsky, Peter.English by Design: How to Create and Carry Out Instructional Units. Heinemann, 2007
- • Marilla Svinivki & Wilbert J. McKeachie, McKeachie's Teaching Tips: Strategies, Research, and Theory for College and University Teachers, Wadsworth Cengage Learning, 2011, Thirteenth Edition
- • Abbie Brown, Timothy D. Green:The Essentials of Instructional Design: Connecting Fundamental Principles with Process and Practice, 3/D, Routledge, 2016.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||14||2||28|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)||14||1||14|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||1||3||3|
|Final Examination(1 week)||1||3||3|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination||1||12||12|
|Preparation for Final Examination||1||25||25|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project||1||35||35|
|Seminar / Presentation||1||30||30|