INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Education and Humanities
Department of English Language and Literature
||Advanced Study in English Language Teaching
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
||1 + 2
|The student is directed to prepare a seminar or an article study throughout the year. The subject matter of the study is determined under the supervision of the course instructor. Regularly the student and the supervisor study on every phase of the seminar preparation. At the end of the academic year the student present his/her study.
|The goals of the course are:
• To analyze reading strategies aimed at improving Reading Comprehension.
• To introduce and discuss different approaches to the teaching
• To present different research methods
• To guide students along the process of writing a seminar paper
- Practical Sessions
- Discussions and group work
- Problem solving
- Case Studies
- apply and incorporate the principles of Language Teaching and Literature in practical, real-world situations and problems.
- be aware to current topics of importance for Language Teaching and Literature.
- be able to define a problem, identify potential causes and possible solutions.
- make thoughtful recommendations, make a practice of problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- increase their information acquisition skills.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||14||2||28|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)||14||1||14|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||1||2||2|
|Final Examination(1 week)||1||3||3|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination||1||10||10|
|Preparation for Final Examination||1||18||18|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project|| ||30||0|
|Seminar / Presentation|| ||20||0|