INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Education and Humanities
Department of English Language and Literature
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
||2 + 1
|Senad Bećirović, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
||Assist. pr. dr. Senad Becirovic
||Senad Bećirović, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
|This course introduces the relationship between education and psychology, description of educational psychology and its functions, the principles and practice of educational psychology, developmental stages (physical, cognitive, emotional, social and moral development), factors affecting learning, current theories of learning (motivation, individual factors, group dynamics, and factors affecting classroom learning).
|Students will be able to:
• Name and discuss the major categories of variables that have been studied in educational psychology.
• Name and discuss the major components and techniques of classroom planning, management and instruction that have been addressed in the study of the teaching/learning process.
• Define learning and compare and contrast the factors that cognitive, behavioral, and humanistic theorists believe influence the learning process.
- Intro to the course
- Learning, Teaching, and Educational Psychology
- The Brain and Cognitive Development
- Vygotsky’s Sociocultural perspective
- The self and social development
- Understanding others and moral development
- Learner Differences
- Learning Needs
- Culture and diversity
- Multicultural education
- Motivation in Learning and Teaching
- Long term memory
- Preparation for final exam
- Research Methods and Teacher Reflection Assignments and Activities: Understanding Research Studying Teachers’ Knowledge
- Independence day
- Assignments and Activities: Video Analysis: Observing Cognitive Development Assignments and Activities
- Personal, Social, and Moral Development Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions: Fostering Perspective Taking and Social Skills Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions: Fostering Children’s Friendships Assignments and Activities: Video Analysis: Developmental Trends in Friendships
- Student Diversity Assignments and Activities: Video Analysis: Multiple Intelligences in the Classroom
- Assignments and Activities: Essay: Identifying Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Student Diversity Assignments and Activities: Video Analysis: Culturally Responsive Teaching Assignments and Activities: Video Analysis: The Effective Teacher Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions
- Building Teaching Skills and Dispositions: Encouraging Self-Regulation Assignments and Activities: Student Artifact Analysis classmates.
- Social Cognitive Perspectives Assignments and Activities: Student Artifact Analysis: Becoming a Self-Regulated Learner
- Simulations: Understanding the Causes of Unproductive Student Behavior and Preventing This Behavior
- Classroom Management Simulations: Creating Classroom Behavioral Expectations
- Memory and Cognitive Processes Cognitive and Linguistic Development
- Interactive Lectures
- Discussions and group work
- Field trips
- Student debates
- Problem solving
- Acquire knowledge of a variety of assessment models and methods that enable them to develop expertise in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data.
- Gain knowledge and skills of a variety of interventions and research methodologies that enable them to develop, implement, and evaluate school-based programs.
- • Anita Woolfolk, Educational Psychology, Twelfth Edition, Pearson, 2014.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||14||2||28|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)||14||1||14|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||1||2||2|
|Final Examination(1 week)||1||3||3|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination||1||17||17|
|Preparation for Final Examination||1||38||38|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project||1||10||10|
|Seminar / Presentation||1||10||10|