INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Education and Humanities
Department of English Language and Literature
||Bosnian Language I
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
|| + 2
|Izudin Tatarević, Senior Teaching Assistant
||Izudin Tatarević, Senior Teaching Assistant
|Bosnian ELT 125 is a Beginner course in Bosnian intended to provide students with the fundamentals of the language and a foundation for advancing through the four required levels of Bosnian proficiency. It is a 15 week module with 3 hours of instruction each week.
|Bosnian (Beginner) aims to achieve the following goals:
1. Understand basic everyday expressions and short, simple texts
2. Engage in simple oral and written communication in order to provide and obtain information
3. Construct very basic and simple sentences
4. Demonstrate limited control of essential grammatical structures
- Greetings and introductions
- Bosnian phrases for use in shops, restaurants and street
- Bosnian for travelling around a city
- Introduction to grammar: nouns, verbs, word order
- Clothes and Colors
- Occupation (sentence building and vocabulary)
- Numbers and counting
- What time is it? (hours)
- Dates (days of the week and months)
- Subject words and phrases describing job, family, nationality
- Expanding on vocabulary of common items such as food and drinks
- Additional key adjectives, verbs, adverbs, connectives
- Listening stories for comprehension and basic story telling
- Talking about yourself: present and past tense
- Talking about future plans: future tense
- Interactive Lectures
- Discussions and group work
- Use of educational films
| Midterm Exam(s)|
| Final Exam||1|
- Interpret and control a narrow range of isolated words and phrases dealing with everyday topics including jobs, family, sports, food and drink, clothes, languages and nationalities.
- Locate information and understand main ideas in a short, simple written text.
- Identify main ideas from a conversation or speech on a familiar topic.
- Use simple forms of polite expressions to establish basic social contact and to perform everyday functions including making requests and offers, conducting simple phone conversations, asking and telling time, giving simple directions, asking about price, ordering a meal, etc.
- Use a narrow range of positive and negative adjectives to describe objects, people and places.
- Produce simple sentences using the correct word order and punctuation marks.
- Construct a short guided paragraph on a familiar topic concerning home, family, friends and holidays.
- Use the basic tenses including present, past and future tense
- - Gramatika bosanskoga jezika, Dževad Jahić i Senahid Halilović, 2002.
- - Bosanski jezik, Priručnik za strance, Minela Kerla, Nermina Alihodžić-Usejnovski,2013.
- - Bosanki jezik kao strani jezik,Zenaida Karavdić, Sarajevo 2011.
- -Hrvatski za početnike 1, Hrvatska sveučilišna naklada, Zagreb, 2006.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||14||2||28|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)|| || ||0|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||1||1||1|
|Final Examination(1 week)||1||1||1|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination||1||5||5|
|Preparation for Final Examination||1||10||10|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project||14||1||14|
|Seminar / Presentation|| || ||0|