INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
||2 + 2
|Jasmin Kevrić, Assist. Prof. Dr.
||Tarik Uzunović, Assist. Prof. Dr.
|The course introduces basic fundamentals about cyber-physical systems and embedded systems. It aims to give systematic overview about embedded systems, in both hardware and software concepts. Considering the variety of embedded systems employed today in practice, this course tends to give general overview of the systems, considering their general characteristics.
|Give introduction to embedded systems, their specific characteristics and difference from general purpose computing systems; introduce methods for specifying and modeling of embedded systems; discuss embedded system hardware; analyze software for embedded systems; discuss communication methods; methods for evaluation and validation,; application mapping; optimization of embedded systems.
- Introduction to embedded systems
- Specifications for embedded systems design
- Modeling of embedded systems
- Models of computation
- Communicating finite state machines
- SDL. Data flow models
- Petri nets
- Discrete event based languages
- Embedded system hardware: sensors
- Embedded system hardware: processing units
- Embedded system hardware: memories and communication
- Embedded system hardware: output and devices
- Embedded operating systems
- Evaluation and validation
- Practical Sessions
- Discussions and group work
- Problem solving
| Final Exam||1||35|
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental aspects of embedded systems
- Specify and model different embedded systems
- Investigate common characteristics of hardware and software elements in embedded systems
- Introduce verification and validation techniques for embedded systems
- P. Marwedel, Embedded System Design: Embedded Systems Foundations of Cyber-Physical Systems, 2nd ed., ser. Embedded Systems. Springer, 2011.
- E. A. Lee, S. A. Seshia, Introduction to Embedded Systems - A Cyber-Physical Systems Approach, Second Edition, LeeSeshia.org, 2015.
- C. M. Krishna, Kang G. Shin, Real-time systems, McGraw Hill Higher Education, 1997.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)|| ||0|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)|| || ||0|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)|| || ||0|
|Final Examination(1 week)|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Final Examination|| || ||0|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project|| || ||0|
|Seminar / Presentation|| || ||0|