INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Education and Humanities
Department of English Language and Literature
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
|Senad Bećirović, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
||Senad Bećirović, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
|Students will be able to:
• name and discuss the major categories of variables that have been studied in educational psychology.
• name and discuss the major components and techniques of classroom planning, management and instruction that have been addressed in the study of the teaching/learning process.
• define learning and compare and contrast the factors that cognitive, behavioral, and humanistic theorists believe influence the learning process.
- Introductory class
- Learning, Teaching, and Educational Psychology
- Cognitive Development
- The Self, Social, and Moral Development
- Learner Differences and Learning Needs
- Language Development, Language Diversity, and Immigrant Education
- Culture and Diversity
- MID-TERM EXAMS
- Social Cognitive Views of Learning and Motivation
- Motivation in Learning and Teaching
- Creating Learning Environments
- Teaching Every Student
- Classroom Assessment, Grading, and Standardized Testing
- Complex Cognitive Processes
- Practical Sessions
- • will acquire knowledge of a variety of assessment models and methods that enable them to develop expertise in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data.
- • will gain knowledge and skills of a variety of interventions and research methodologies that enable them to develop, implement, and evaluate school-based programs
- • will acquire knowledge of identity development that facilitates the development of skills to work with a students and families from diverse groups.
- • will acquire an understanding of the complexity of educational systems and the role school psychologists
- Anita Woolfolk, Educational Psychology, Twelfth Edition, Pearson, 2013.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)|| ||0|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)|| || ||0|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)|| || ||0|
|Final Examination(1 week)|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Final Examination|| || ||0|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project|| || ||0|
|Seminar / Presentation|| || ||0|