INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Education and Humanities
Department of English Language and Literature
||Teaching Principles and Methods
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
|Senad Bećirović, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
||Senad Bećirović, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
|The aim of this course is to enable students to attain the following skills such as:
• Identify the role of diversity and culture on learning.
• Describe the role of teacher as decision-maker and facilitator of learning.
• Write effective lesson plans appropriate to diverse student needs.
Write a unit plan appropriate to diverse student needs.
• Identify, define and give examples of questioning at different levels of the cognitive domain.
- Introdactory class
- Countdown for Course Preparation
- Active Learning
- Facilitating Discussion: Posing Problems, Listening, Questioning
- How to Make Lectures More Effective
- Assessing, Testing, and Evaluating:
- Motivation in the College Classroom
- MID-TERM EXAMS
- Teaching Culturally Diverse Students
- Dealing with Student Problems and Problem Students
- Experiential Learning: Case-Based, Problem-Based, and Reality-Based
- Technology and Teaching
- Teaching Students How to Become More Strategic and Self-Regulated Learners
- Teaching Thinking
- What is it about teaching that most interests and excites me, and what am I most concerned consider about?
- On a sheet of paper create columns or areas with the following headings: (1) Helping stu¬dents become acquainted; (2) Creating a cohesive, supportive group; and (3) Creating diverse liking patterns.
- Label three columns on a sheet of paper significance, competence, and power. List ways in which all students have an op¬portunity to achieve each of these in the classroom you are considering.
- What Are Lectures Good For?
- Write down the acquaintance activities you currently believe you would implement during the first three weeks of the school year. Highlight your favorite activity. Next, meet with a group of three or four colleagues and share your favorite activity.
- On a sheet of paper create three columns or sections labeled Expectation, Value, and Climate. In each section write a brief statement describing how the learning experience met each of these criteria for motivating your learning.
- Write a short statement about what you believe are the benefits and costs of having behavior standards within a group setting. Discuss this with a group of colleagues or classmates.
- Aggressive, Challenging, Struggling Students
- Write down the methods you could found most effective in Experiential Learning.
- How Will Technology Enhance Teaching and Learning?
- What Are the Characteristics of Strategic Learners?
- Teaching Thinking
- Practical Sessions
| Final Exam||1||50|
| +Class participation||1||20|
- Teaching Principles and Methods aims at enabling students to gain the terms and processes related to education and instruction, teaching principles, methods and techniques, teacher qualities and required knowledge and skills about planning and implementing teaching activities.
- In the course, preparing and implementing course plans based on main principles in classroom teaching and learning processes will be conducted.
- Marilla Svinivki & Wilbert J. McKeachie, McKeachie\\'s Teaching Tips: Strategies, Research, and Theory for College and University Teachers, Wadsworth Cengage Learning, 2011, Thirteenth Edition
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)|| ||0|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)||3||42||126|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)|| || ||0|
|Final Examination(1 week)|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Final Examination||5|| ||0|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project|| || ||0|
|Seminar / Presentation|| || ||0|