INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Graduate Study - Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
Information Technology PhD
||Fuzzy Systems and Control
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
|Günay Karli, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
||Günay Karli, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
|To comprehend what is meant by fuzziness.
To develop an understanding of fuzzy theory and learn how to use the fuzzy systems approach to solving engineering problems in control, signal processing and communications
- Fuzzy Sets and Basic Operations on Fuzzy Sets
- Further Operations on Fuzzy Sets
- Fuzzy Relations and the Extension Principle
- Linguistic Variables and Fuzzy If-Then Rules
- Fuzzy Logic and Approximate Reasoning
- Fuzzy Rule Base and Fuzzy Inference Engine
- Fuzzifiers and Defuzzifiers
- Fuzzy Systems as Nonlinear Mappings
- Approximation Properties of Fuzzy Systems I-II
- Design of Fuzzy Systems From Input-Output Data
- Non adaptive Fuzzy Control
- Adaptive Fuzzy Control
| Midterm Exam(s)||1||20|
| Final Exam||1||40|
- Evaluate basic theories, processes and outcomes of computing;
- Apply bioinformatics and biological techniques and relevant tools to the specification, analysis, design, implementation and testing of a simple computing product. For example identification of genes involved in specific biological process in the cell.
- Knowledge and critical understanding of the well-established principles of bioinformatics, and of the way in which those principles have developed as technology has progressed
- Knowledge of all of the main development methods relevant to the field of computing, and ability to evaluate critically the appropriateness of different approaches to solving problems in the field of genetics and genetic engineering.
- A Course in Fuzzy Systems and Control, Li-Xin Wang, 1997, Prentice Hall.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||0.5||1||0.5|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)||2||1.3||2.6|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||2||1.5||3|
|Final Examination(1 week)||3||5||15|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Final Examination||7.5||0|