INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Graduate Study - Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
Information Technology PhD
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
|Kemal Hajdarević, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
||Kemal Hajdarević, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
|- Introduce computer and network security concepts.
- Introduce confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Develop some general design decisions that should be made when constructing secure systems
- Develop basic application of information security concepts.
- Introduction to IT governance
- Overwiev of Information Security standards - ISO 27000 series of standards (27001, 27002, 27003, 27004, 27005)
- Information Technology Service management ISO 20000-1 and ISO 20000-2
- Business Continuity and BS 25999-1 and BS 25999-2
- Disaster Recovery
- Project implementation (ISO 10006 and ISO 27003)
- Risk Managament (ISO 27005)
- Application and Network Security and security testing
- Specific Requirements and Controls Implementation (ISO 27002)
- Operational and Security Incident managament
- Perforamnce Measurement and Metrics (ISO 27004)
- Audit (ISO 19011) and Plan- Do-Check-Act impovement cyclus
| Midterm Exam(s)||30|
| Final Exam||1||40|
- Knowledge of the underlying concepts and principles of IT governance in which leadership accomplishes the delivery of mission-critical business capability using Information Technology strategy, goals, and objectives
- Define hoe IT governance is concerned with the strategic alignment between the goals and objectives of the business and the utilization of its IT resources to effectively achieve the desired results
- Define various methodologies and standards which will help to govern IT using best practices and standards.
- International IT Governance: Alan Calder & Steve Watkins, Koganb Page, 206
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)|| ||0|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)|| || ||0|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)|| || ||0|
|Final Examination(1 week)|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Final Examination||7.5||0|