INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
Department of Information Technologies
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
||2 + 2
|Adnan Hodžić, Senior Teaching Assistant
||Abdülhamit Subaşı, Prof. Dr.
|• To develop understanding of programming concepts by using different programming languages.
• To introduce current programming approaches.
• To gain ability of choosing appropriate language for an application
• Analyze and evaluate new programming languages and new language features.
• Illustrate how execution ordering affects programming.
• Project development using different programming languages
- Evolution of the Programming Languages
- Syntax and Semantics of Programming Languages
- Values and types; Variables and storage
- Bindings and scope and Control flow
- Procedural abstraction, Data abstraction, Generic abstraction,and Data abstraction
- Imperative and declarative programming
- Object-based programming
- Object-Oriented Programming Inheritance
- Polymorphism, Interfaces and Operator Overloading
- Exception handling
- Concurrency, threads
- Graphical User Interface, Graphics and multimedia
- Functional programming, Logic programming
- Practical Sessions
| Midterm Exam(s)||1||20|
| Final Exam||1||30|
- Understanding of the limits, capabilities of different Programming Languages
- Understanding of difference on analyses and interpretations for different Programming Languages
- Understanding different approaches, techniques and relevant tools for different programming languages
- Knowledge of all of the main development methods relevant to the field of computing, and ability to evaluate critically the appropriateness of different approaches to solving problems in the field of study
- 1. David A. Watt and William Findlay, Programming Language Design Concepts, John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 2004.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||28||1||28|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)||28||1||28|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||1||3||3|
|Final Examination(1 week)||1||3||3|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination||1||5||5|
|Preparation for Final Examination||1||10||10|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project||2||20||40|
|Seminar / Presentation||2||10||20|