INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
Department of Management
||Computer Literacy and Skills
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
||2 + 2
|In this course students will learn basic computer architecture, learn to use most common software used in business correspondence and learn to use basic internet and cloud technologies.
|The aim of this course is to prepare you for the information age and to have information at the entry level of this field that you have sufficient knowledge in the field of information and communication technologies.
- Computer Basics
- Computer System
- Software Basics, Internet, Cloud
- Office Suites
- Microsoft Word I
- Microsoft Word II
- Microsoft Word III
- Midterm Exam
- Midterm Exam
- Microsoft Word IV
- Microsoft Excel I
- Microsoft Excel II
- Microsoft Powerpoint I
- Microsoft Powerpoint II
- Project Presentations
- Interactive Lectures
| Term Paper||1||20|
| Final Exam||1||35|
- The definition of information and communication technologies and their daily reflection.
- The basic hardware and software components that make up a computer.
- The role and purpose of the operating system during the operation of the computer.
- Data processing, transfer and storage processes in the computer.
- Usage of word processing software, namely Microsoft Word.
- Usage of worksheet software, namely Microsoft Excel.
- Usage of presentation software, namely Microsoft Powe Point.
- Learn about Internet and how to use Internet efficiently and securely.
- Computers: Tools for an Information Age, 8th Edition, H.L. Capron and J.A. Johnson
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||14||2||28|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)|| || ||0|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||1||2||2|
|Final Examination(1 week)||1||2||2|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination||1||6||6|
|Preparation for Final Examination||1||8||8|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project||1||2||2|
|Seminar / Presentation||1||2||2|