INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
Department of Information Technologies
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
||3 + 2
|This course is designed to be an introduction to the fundamentals of programming. Students will design, write and debug computer programs. No knowledge of programming is assumed.
|Objectives of this course are to: introduce students to intermediate concept of programming; introduce students to basic algorithm design principles; substantially strengthen students’ programming skills by requiring them to constantly program large number of small but challenging problems; encourage strive for excellence by introducing them to a competitive environment where part of their performance will be based on performance of their peers.
- Introduction to the Course
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Variables, Expressions and Assignment Statements (1)
- Variables, Expressions and Assignment Statements (2)
- Console I/O
- Flow Control, Boolean Expressions
- Braching Mechanisms (1)
- Midterm Exam
- Branching Mechanisms (2)
- Loops (1)
- Loops (2)
- Functions (1)
- Functions (2)
- Arrays (1)
- Arrays (2)
- Interactive Lectures
- Practical Sessions
- 1. Define basic terminology used in computer programming
- 2. Establish knowledge and understanding of intermediate programming concepts
- 3. Analyze, design, code, compile and debug programs.
- 4. Develop programs involving decision structures, loops and functions.
- 5. Use different data types in a computer program.
- Walter Savitch, Kenrick Mock-Absolute C++ (5th Edition) -Addison-Wesley (2012)
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||15||3||45|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)||15||2||30|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||1||2||2|
|Final Examination(1 week)||1||2||2|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination||1||10||10|
|Preparation for Final Examination||1||15||15|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project||9||5||45|
|Seminar / Presentation|| || ||0|