INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Graduate Study - Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
|Teoman DUMAN, Prof. Dr.
||Teoman DUMAN, Prof. Dr.
|The purpose of this course is to review and analyze marketing concepts in detail with case study applications. Throughout the course, marketing concepts and related case studies will be discussed with student participation. Furthermore, each student will have a chance to work on a marketing plan for an active company in a group project and learn about a real life marketing management example.
- Course Introduction
- Kotler and Keller (KK) - Chapter 1: Defining marketing for the 21st century KK - Chapter 2: Developing marketing strategies and plans
- Kerin and Peterson (KP) – Chapter 1: Foundations of Strategic Marketing Management KP - Appendix A: A Sample Marketing Plan Dibb and Simkin (DS) – Chapter 15: The Marketing Plan Document
- KP – Chapter 3: Marketing Decision Making and Case Analysis KP – Chapter 2: Financial Aspects of Marketing Management
- KP – Chapter 4: Opportunity Analysis, Market Segmentation, and Market Targeting DS – Chapter 8: Marketing Strategy (8.1, 8.2, 8.3) KK – Chapter 8: Identifying Market Segments and Targets
- KP – Chapter 5: Product and Service Strategy and Brand Management DS – Chapter 7: The Strength of the Portfolio and Future Directions KK – Chapter 12: Setting Product Strategy
- MID-TERM EXAM
- KP – Chapter 6: Integrated Marketing Communication Strategy and Management DS – Chapter 8: Marketing Strategy (8.4, 8.5) KK – Chapter 17: Designing and Managing Integrated Marketing Communications
- KP – Chapter 7: Marketing Channel Strategy and Management KK – Chapter 15: Designing and Managing Value Networks and Channels
- KP – Chapter 8: Pricing Strategy and Management KK – Chapter 14: Developing Pricing Strategies and Programs
- KP: Marketing Strategy Reformulation: The Control Process DS: Chapter 14: Controlling Implementation of the Marketing Plan
- DS – Chapter 6: Competition and Competitor’s Strategies KK - Chapter 11: Dealing with Competition
- KP – Chapter 10: Global Marketing Strategy KK – Chapter 21: Tapping into Global Markets
- Marketing Plan Presentations
- Case: Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, Inc.: Energy Beverages
- Case: Procter and Gamble, Inc.: Scope
- Case: Amber Inn and Suites, Inc.
- Case: Swisher Mower and Machine Company
- Case: Superior Supermarkets: Everyday Low Pricing
- Case: McNeil Museum of Art
- Case: Southwest Airlines
- Case: Chevrolet Europe
- Case Studies
| Midterm Exam(s)||1||20|
| Final Exam||1||30|
- An Advanced Understanding of Marketing Management Concepts
- Critically Analyzing the Marketing Problems of Companies
- Preparation and Presentation of Case Studies
- Preparation and Presentation of a Marketing Plan for an Active Company in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 1. Kerin, R. A. and Peterson, R. A. (2007). Strategic Marketing Problems: Cases and Comments. Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River, New Jersey. (Chapter 3: Marketing Decision Making and Case Analysis)
- 2. Dibb, S. and Simkin, L. (2008). Marketing Planning: A Workbook for Marketing Managers. Southwestern: Bath, UK.
- 3. Kotler, P. and Keller, K. L. (2006). Marketing Management 12e. Pearson: London.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||3||48||144|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)||3||48||144|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||1||2||2|
|Final Examination(1 week)||1||2||2|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Final Examination||7,5||0|