INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
Department of Management
||Introduction To Law
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
|Esad ORUC, Assist. Prof. Dr.
||Serkan BAYRAKTAROĞLU, Prof. Dr.
|1.Learn to understand basic legal terminology and concepts.
2.Learn how to evaluate issues of legal significance in business transactions.
3.Apply legal reasoning to situations and form legal conclusions.
4.Compare and apply various legal theories/interpretations to factual situations.
5.Learn how to issue spot, weigh, and analyze risks, and gain a sense of comfort and familiarity with the legal system.
- Getting started: an introduction to studying law
- The purpose & function of law
- Categories of law
- The law of contract: offer and acceptance
- The law of contract: consideration, intention and privity
- The terms of the contract
- Defects in the contract: misrepresentation, mistake, duress and undue influence
- MID-TERM EXAM
- More defects: illegality and incapacity
- Discharge of the contract and remedies for breach
- The law of agency
- Sale of goods: the contract and its terms
- Sale of goods: transfer of ownership, performance and remedies for breach of contract
- Tort liability for defective goods
- Practical Sessions
- Case Studies
| Midterm Exam(s)||1||20|
| Final Exam||1||40|
- LAW FOR BUSINESS STUDENTS, Alix Adams, Sixth Edition, Pearson Education (Obligatory)
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||3||16||48|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)||2||16||32|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||1||20||20|
|Final Examination(1 week)||1||30||30|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination||1||10||10|
|Preparation for Final Examination||5||0|