INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
Department of Management
||Bosnian Language I
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
|| + 2
|Izudin Tatarević, Senior Teaching Assistant
||Izudin Tatarević, Senior Teaching Assistant
|The purpose of this course is to teach Bosnian language basics at the beginner level.
|Highly personalized course designed to improve knowledge of Bosnian language and communication and language skills. The objective is to achieve the level of language that would create confidence to communicate in Bosnian with clients, suppliers and colleagues.
- Learn how to say „Hello“ and acquaint; the classes of nouns (muški, ženski, srednji rod)
- Personal pronouns (in the first case), introducing oneself: I\\\\\\\\
- Terminology about the faculty, exercise with cross-words; numbers 1-10 with little short song about the numbers; first information about plural
- Numbers 11-10.000; speaking exercise about numbers by phone number, prices; demonstrative pronouns
- Introducing the collocations about the speaker\\\\\\\\
- Place and sort of accent in Bosnian words; filling out the forms with basic information (name, surname, date and place of birth...)
- Introducing the question-word (what, where, when...); ordinal numbers and classes of adjectives (muški, ženski, srednji rod)
- Answering on questions What date is...? When it happened? and exercise for ordinal numbers
- SVO order in Bosnian language, order in declarative and interrogative sentences
- Present tense of verb to be (positive, negative and question form); Answering the question „What's your job?“; learning some of names of different jobs and male and female form for that kind of nouns
- Interactive Lectures
- Practical Sessions
- Use of educational films
| Midterm Exam(s)|
| Final Exam||1|
- Speak Bosnian with confidence
- Interact more confidently when visiting a Bosnian-speaking region or dealing with Bosnian speakers
- - Gramatika bosanskoga jezika, Dževad Jahić i Senahid Halilović, 2002.
- - Bosanski jezik, Priručnik za strance, Minela Kerla, Nermina Alihodžić-Usejnovski,2013.
- - Bosanki jezik kao strani jezik,Zenaida Karavdić, Sarajevo 2011.
- -Hrvatski za početnike 1, Hrvatska sveučilišna naklada, Zagreb, 2006.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)||14||2||28|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)|| || ||0|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)||1||1||1|
|Final Examination(1 week)||1||1||1|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination||1||5||5|
|Preparation for Final Examination||1||10||10|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project||14||1||14|
|Seminar / Presentation|| || ||0|