INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences
Department of Banking and Finance
||Capital Markets and Institutions
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
||2 + 1
|Sanel Halilbegović, Assist. Prof. Dr.
||Prof. Dr. Sanel Halilbegovic
||Sanel Halilbegović, Assist. Prof. Dr.
|Capital markets and institutions channel trillions of dollars through the economy, affecting business, government, and consumer decisions. Course topics will include the determination of asset prices; the risk and term structure of interest rates; the efficient markets hypothesis; risk management and financial derivatives, asymmetric information models of financial market structure, innovation, regulation and deregulation.
|To ensure that students gain the basic knowledge of capital markets flows and their importance for the sustainability of both monetary and real sectors of economy.
- Role of Financial Markets
- Determination of Interest Rates
- Structure of Interest Rates
- Money Markets
- Bond Markets
- Bond Valuation and Risk
- Mortgage Markets
- Stock Offerings
- Stock Valuations and Risk
- Stock Market Microstructure
- Futures Markets
- Options Markets
- Swap Markets
- FINAL EXAM
- Interactive Lectures
- Practical Sessions
- Problem solving
- Case Studies
| Midterm Exam(s)||1||30|
| Final Exam||1||45|
- Explain different types of capital markets and institutions.
- Outline the main characterics of types of markets and describe how they relate to one another.
- Asses the importance and implications of capital markets for the economy.
- Outline the main characters of types of markets and describe how they relate to one another.
- Asses the importance and implications of capital markets for the economy and the financial system
- Frederic S. Mishkin and Stanely. (2011). Financial Markets and Institutions, 7th edition. Prentice Hall.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)|| ||0|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)|| || ||0|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)|| || ||0|
|Final Examination(1 week)|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Final Examination|| || ||0|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project|| || ||0|
|Seminar / Presentation|| || ||0|