INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Graduate Study - Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
||Master´s Thesis I
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
|Emina Zejnilović, Assist. Prof. Dr.
||Emina Zejnilović, Assist. Prof. Dr.
|This course is designed to guide students through the process of writing master thesis. Starting from the selection of topics and fields of interest, throughout the development of the research proposal and methodologies, as well as the project completion, this course covers all stages of project development. The graduate project is the capstone requirement of a student\\'s program, and, therefore, is normally conducted upon completion of core and specialization coursework. It is strongly suggested that students begin to identify their proposed project shortly after initial
enrollment in the program with assistance of their mentor/supervisor.
|The course aims to familiarize students with the process of academic research and writing. It assists the student in the development of critical thinking skills, research methodologies, academic writing, and the synthesis, integration, and application of concepts and principles acquired.
- • Identifying an appropriate graduate project
- • Identifying an appropriate site to conduct the graduate project
- • Planning the graduate project, including completing a written project plan
- • Obtaining approval from the advisor to conduct the graduate project
- • Initiating the graduate project
- • Meeting regularly with the advisor and project supervisor throughout the • implementation of the project
- • Providing a written report of the project
- • Presenting an oral report of the project
- Discussions and group work
- GERRING, J. (2007). Case Study Research. Boston: Cambridge Press.
- Korner, A. M. (2008). Guide to Publishing a Scientific Paper. New York: Routlage.
- KOTHARI, C. (2004). Research Methodology. New Delhi: New Age International (P) Ltd.
- Woods, P. (2006). Successful Writing for Qualitative Researchers. New York: Routlage.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)|| ||0|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)|| || ||0|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)|| || ||0|
|Final Examination(1 week)|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Final Examination|| || ||0|
|Assignment / Homework/ Project|| || ||0|
|Seminar / Presentation|| || ||0|