INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Graduate Study - Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
Architecture Master With Thesis
||Urban Planning II
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
|Erna Husukić, Assist. Prof. Dr.
||Nermina Mujezinović, Assist. Prof. Dr.
|Understanding of the complexity of development process in contemporary cities. Introduction with factors and designers of urban development and construction. Developing the ability to identify and define problems in urban structure. Developing the logical and creative thinking, clarity of communication and implementation of regulated search.
- The city as a product and process. Strength which influence on internal structure of contemporary city: actors in production of the built environment, private and public. Research framework: model
- Urban activities in the area: the type, character, patterns. Production of built area – construction land and built structure.
- The way of using the construction land: schedule of activities in a city, conflicting and complementary activities.
- Patterns of urban structure, heritage and conteporary trends. Urban change: problems in develpment. Values and the evaluation.
- Criteria and indicators of the quality of urban structure. The objectives in the formation of urban structure.
- Criteria for locating activities and control of construction: marcet demands, social policy. New criteria: human rights, ecology, saving energy, competition, identity, esthetic quality, adapting to climate change.
- Regulation the distribution of activities in the market cndition: stability and dynamic of process. Locating of activities , purpose of areas, opportunity and limitations.
- Zoning: forms, characteristics, advantages and disandvantages. Pereferences of urban activities and locating them: housing, commercial activities, recreation and servicies.
- Estimation of the of the of urban structure in relation of the different requirements.
- Harmonization of urban structures with different public and private
- The dynamics of the process
- Parameters, standards, in construction.
- Transforming the structure of the city: Contemporary forms of public intervention.Introduction with methods and organisation of work on the course.
- Understand the basic processes which shape contemporary cities, facts and actors of urban development and construction;
- Identifying the problems in functioning of urban activities and understanding why these activities are subjected to interventions;
- Critical analysis of different models of urban structures;
- Use of urban parameters in communication and research,
- Understand the basics of planned control of city development: determine the purpose of land, zoning, regulations, standards and norms;
- 1. Cliff Moughtin, Rafael Cuesta, Christine Sarris and Paola Signoretta (1999), URBAN DESIGN: METHOD AND TECHNIQUES, OXFORD AUCKLAND BOSTON JOHANNESBURG MELBOURNE NEW DELHI
- 2. Cliff Moughtin & Miguel Mertens (2003), Urban Design: STREET and SQUARE
- 3. John Ratcliffe (1974), An Introduction to Town and Country Planning, Hutchinson Educational
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)|| ||0|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)|| || ||0|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)|| || ||0|
|Final Examination(1 week)|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Final Examination||6||0|