INTERNATIONAL BURCH UNIVERSITY
Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences
Department of Architecture
||Building Construction Management and Economics
||Number of ECTS Credits
||Class Hours Per Week
||Total Hours Per Semester
||2 + 2
|Ahmed El Sayed, Assist. Prof. Dr.
||Deniz Guney, Assoc. Prof. Dr.
|Organisational/Personnel Management work study and production processes. Industrial Psychology. Application of computers in Construction Management Techniques of time and motion studies.
This course aims to draw a contextual framework on the mechanisms and dynamics of construction industry.
To introduce the construction from the economic and managerial aspects, in order to explain how does the construction function from these aspects.
To increase managerial skills of students and to improve their economical knowledge.
- Introduction to Building Construction Management
- Project and Production
- Project Characteristics
- Project life cycle
- Project goals and constraints
- Project – Program – Portfolio
- SWOT analysis
- Mission – Vision – Core Values
- Types of organizational structures
- Project manager role and Project team roles
- Project Charter, Project Scope
- WBS and OBS
- Schedule of rates and Bill of quantities
- Understanding the relation between technical and managerial and economical aspects in the constructions
- Understanding the construction from the economical aspect
- Understanding the managerial aspects for the construction technology
- George Ofori, The construction industry, aspects of its economy and management, 1990.
|ECTS (Allocated based on student) WORKLOAD
|Lecture (14 weeks x Lecture hours per week)|| ||0|
|Laboratory / Practice (14 weeks x Laboratory/Practice hours per week)|| || ||0|
|Midterm Examination (1 week)|| || ||0|
|Final Examination(1 week)|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Midterm Examination|| || ||0|
|Preparation for Final Examination||5||0|